A Department of Oak Valley Hospital District
The Family Support Network provides community outreach, health education, parent and children’s support groups, resources and referrals.
Parent Education & Support Groups
- Familias Unidas: Spanish-speaking parents and youth support group
- Promotoras: Engaging the Hispanic community to work together
- Camaleones: Co-ed teen youth group
- Kid-N-Around (0-5 years): Social Skills and School Readiness group
- 1-2-3 Learn with me (3-5 years): School readiness group for pre-school girls
- SOS Parenting Class (English/Spanish): Behavior management & parenting workshops.
- English & Citizenship Classes
- Tutoring (Kindergarten – 7th grade): Co-ed after-school programs assisting children with their academic and study skills.
Education & Awareness
- S.E.A.T.S. (So Everyone Always Travels Safely): Car safety basics class & car sear inspections
- RAIZ: Programs to promote mental health and well-being in the Latino community.
Oak Valley Hospital Community Education
- Safe Sitter Class for Ages 11-15
- AARP Mature Driving Course
Other Resources (List)
- Emergency Food assistance
- Emergency clothing assistance
- Shelter and housing resources
- Linking appropriate County resources
Just for Kids (6-12 years)
- 1-2-3 Learn with Me! (3- 5 years): An interactive bilingual school readiness group. Preparing pre-school children socially and academically before entering the school system.
- Kid N Around (0-5): Bilingual parent and child interactive support group.
- Rosebuds (3-5): School readiness group for pre-school girls and their parents.
- Tutoring Club (Kindergarten – 7th grade): Bilingual ~ Co-ed after school program assisting children with their academics and studies.
- Girl Scouts Program (Bilingual)
- Let’s Move! (5-7 years): After school dance/exercise summer program for kids.
- Caring for our Community: A once-a-month Saturday summer program, designed to allow children and their families to volunteer and give back to the community by cleaning a designated local area.
- Parenting classes
- School readiness programs
- Women’s support groups
- Family advocate services
- Car seat safety classes
- Good mental health & well-being support groups
- Girl Scouts
- ESL & citizenship classes
- Community outreach
- Emergency food assistance
- Clothing assistance